Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 6

I wanted to thank everyone again for voting on my FO Friday poll. As I said in my last post, I will be trying FO Fridays for a few weeks to see if I can handle the extra posting. I usually post on Fridays, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I will be including a Mr Linky for those that would like to participate! I look forward to seeing all the completed projects!

I've bought a lot of yarn in the past few weeks due to sales and coupons! Look for my updated Flash Your Stash post including the Mr Linky. Feel free to flash your stash for us!

Now onto WIPW 6! (Sorry for the quality of the pictures this week. The light is starting to change earlier, which I forgot. Where did summer go?)



I've been a little determined to get further on my afghan but it's still slow going. As you can see, I finished the third block and have started the 4th and final color before I begin to repeat the pattern. I think I'm going to do one more block of each and see how long it is. I don't want this to be a HUGE afghan, so that might just be enough. Also, I'll be adding a border once it's done due to the curling of the afghan stitch. What do you think?




Look, a kitty! One of my cats, Roxy, wouldn't get out of the picture. I tried 4 times and this is the best one I could get...half a cat and my project. This is a secret project I can't give the details on because the person I'm making this for sometimes reads the blog! I'll be showing progress next week, unless it gets to the point where you can tell what it is. LOL The exciting thing about this project is check out the yarn! My local fabric store has a few skeins of yarn in the back. I looked through it and come to my surprise, discontinued yarn (Red Heart Tweed)! This yarn is perfect for this project and they had two skeins of the same dye lot. So excited! There are a few other discontinued yarns I may have to go back and grab. How can I pass it up?

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


21 comments:

  1. I missed your post for your poll so I wanted to give my 2 cents here, hope that is okay. =)

    I know that I posted a finished project that I did yesterday in my WIPW post today. I don't see why we can't just do everything right in one post and show finished work and show things that you are working on. 2 posts I think would get kind of confusing. But that is just my 2 cents.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's WIPW 6 ?? I lost one somewhere, or I can't count ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats love to be the center of attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! You must tell me when you post your new Stash picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the afghan is looking pretty good, I do like browns and other natural colours for an afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trisha, thanks for the feedback! You can totally post finished things in WIPW! I don't mind. A few people just wanted to have a post dedicated to finished projects. Since I don't post finished stuff in WIPW, I thought I would give FO Friday a try for awhile. Please continue to just post of WIPW. :)

    Vivianne, I think it is 6! Isn't that crazy?! Time flies.

    Marushka & Liz, In my stash picture, Milo my puppy wouldn't get out of the picture. I think I have picture hogs. I think I'll have to take pics of each and post them just to make them happy. ;)

    Alea, thanks! I will. I just need to get the time to take all the yarn out and put it all back! Also, I'm not sure how excited I am to see how much I've bought lately! LOL

    Saffy, thanks! I'm happy with it so far. I'm really excited to see how the second row will look once I'm done with the first. I feel like I'm NEVER going to finish it though. I'm sure everyone is tired of it in my WIPW posts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, SweetPotato! It was discontinued in 2006 I found out! Shows how often this place sells it. I bought a skein of blue tweed too (this one is gray tweed) and am thinking of getting the other 2 blue skeins. They also had 3 green...hmm, maybe I should buy them all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love it when cats become involved in a project picture. Because you must be taking a picture of them! ;-).

    I'm not tired of your afghan, I like it a lot. And yes, go back and grab that discontinued yarn, I've pretty much bankrupted myself on yarn this week. I want to spread the guilt ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Susie! I may have to take your advice. It's calling my name. The good thing is, I doubt someone will buy it up under my nose. It's $4.59 a skein but I have a 20% off "lifetime" discount card to the place thanks to a coupon I used on my last visit. How can I pass it up!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the browns and how you've combined variegated and solids.
    And a "lifetime" discount? How did you come about that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vinita, crazy, isn't it? It's this local place called Yardage Town. There are a few in San Diego (or maybe there are more than just in San Diego?). Anyway, in the Value-pak mailer that has coupons, there is a flier for them. One coupon was 30% off if you spend $10 or more, one was 40% off fabric and the last one (on the back) was for a free 20% off lifetime card. I was like, umm, ok! I thought they would be weird about it, but the lady shook her head and handed me this like official looking card that says 20% off lifetime! Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool! Picture me green!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to get a picture with out the cats. I let a fly in the house to distract mine for a bit.

    Love the colors of your afghan. I have one I'm going to pull out soon that's afghan stitch. You really do need to do a few rows of border to the rolls to lie flat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Denise. Don't you just love the way the afghan stitch feels?! My only issue is the time it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just linked up my first WIP Wednesday post, I hadn't realized how many projects I had on my needles. Found you from the Ravelry group and I'm glad I'll have something to write about on Wednesdays and Fridays now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a very nice comment.

    Yes, it is slooow. I've been working on mine off and on for a few years. Then all the ends I will have to weave in.

    Now, my daughter she churned them out three queen size ones in less than a month each. She's a working single mom, don't ask me how she did it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gabriela! Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. We have a good group of people that have been posting to WIPW.

    Denise, you're welcome! :) I try and make it to everyone's page. That's the best part of WIPW, to see what others are working on.

    Wow, a few years. Don't scare me like that! LOL, when I first started working on the afghan, I thought I could be done by December. Now, I just laugh. I hope to have it done by NEXT December.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tami, your afghan is coming along great! Now that you have all 4 colors in there, I'm thinking I'll go with the cream shade for my cabled blankie. It'll go with everything, right?

    I love how much this meme is growing! We're up to 20 people already -- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Paula! Actually, the plain light color isn't the cream it's "oatmeal". Not sure which you have. The oatmeal is a little browner than the cream in Fisherman's Wool. Can't wait to see your cabled blankie! :)

    Isn't it great! I'm so happy to see people participating. I hope it continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete