Monday, January 31, 2011

Yarn Diet '11- The First Month


The first month of the yarn diet is complete today. Can't you believe it? I thought the first month would be something awful, craving to buy yarn and not getting anything done. Fortunately, that wasn't the case. I haven't used any of my 5 purchases, nor have I really wanted to.

I did make one purchase to Knit Picks for yarn that I will be dyeing and selling, as well as some better knitting needles so I don't have the pain that I went through with my first hat again. I figured that this doesn't count toward my 5 purchases, since I will not be keeping any of the yarn for myself, but will be selling it.

I thought it would be fun to document how many skeins were knitted/crocheted, how many FOs you had and how many purchases you made at the end of each month. In February, I hope to go through a lot more yarn, as I will be doing larger projects that will take up many skeins. We'll see how that goes.

Here are my stats:

Skeins used in the month of January: 3
Total skein count left: 241
Total FOs completed in January: 6 (wow, go me! The 6 are: a hat, a purse, 3 washcloths and fingerless gloves.)
Total yarn purchases in January: 0
Total purchase remaining: 5

How did the first month of Yarn Diet '11 shake out for you? If you post about it, be sure to link it to our ongoing Yarn Diet Mr Linky.


4 comments:

  1. I have still only used the one skein and I think my FO is very low, possibly at zero. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alea, you've finished something this year I thought! Your dad's hat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah I guess you are right. I did most of it in December though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's alright. You FINISHED in January! ;)

    ReplyDelete