Thursday, April 5, 2012

Life as an Indie Dyer- My Week Part 4


Hi everyone! Before I get started with my Life as an Indie Dyer post, if you haven't had a chance to read my Candy Skein announcements, please do so.

If you're new to Life as an Indie Dyer, check out part 1, 2 and 3 from earlier this week or the tag Life as an Indie Dyer !

Now onto last Thursday!

Thursday: Thursdays are usually pretty hectic, must like Mondays are due to not being home a lot on Wednesdays since I watch my nieces a lot, as mentioned in yesterday's post. Since I didn't want them last week, it was a pretty basic day, though I didn't have any yarn in the pots. You see, space is limited, and because I had dyed so many skeins the days before, I didn't have room to hang any more up to dry. I do hope to have the space issue resolved soon, but we'll see how that goes.

You may remember in my FO Friday post from last week, I posted a picture of several (13 to be exact) skeins of yarn that I had re-skeined. It was a bit of a cheat for FO Friday, as technically I could post this for EVERY FO Friday, but there you go. Right now, the re-skeining process is a big one, and whenever I can get a bunch done, it's always a huge plus. Last Thursday, I actually got 15 re-skeined, as I continued to work after I took that picture.

Last Thursday, Yavanna, who is kindly designing the Effie Socks to go with the Butter Mints colorway, sent me four different sock sketch ideas, explaining the different parts of each idea. A little later, she also sent texture pictures, based on our discussions of what we wanted the texture to be like. After going back and forth a few times, we decided on a pattern and a sock design! This got me even MORE excited about the whole thing!

I knew that my knitting group and I were going to have a re-skeining "party" the next day (more about that in tomorrow's post), so I made sure to loosely hank the skeins that were just dry and add them to my inventory. I put together everything I needed to take (as the "party" was at my friend Robin's house) so that I didn't have to worry about it the next day or forget anything (which I ended up doing! LOL).

The rest of the evening was spent making dinner, tagging the yarn I re-skeined, writing my FO Friday post and finally, I was able to knit for a little bit. Shocking, right!?

That's it for the Thursday edition. Stay turned tomorrow for FO Friday (uhh, shoot, I have to go finish something!) and the last installment of Life as an Indie Dyer- My Week. I'll be doing more posts in the series, as mentioned, but will be focusing on other things, instead of my boring life. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment